Saturday 13 March 2010

more character development

I then started to develop donna's character in the same way, but after a lot of trial and error with the doctor i found it much easier to nail the character of donna down. I knew i wanted her figure to be slim but a little bit masculine, like a bit of a extreme sports junkie. I worked towards a bit of a tom boyish look with spikey medium length hair and a more manly face i think i managed to pull a different look to the norm. I think if i had more time i would have worked on the face of the character more but i feel i got the body down as i wanted and the outfit.


For the charcter of the roman guard i used a website called elmestreetguard for reference which was a re-enactment website of people acting out life in the roman army. I found this website very helpful in getting the feeling of a roman soldier and what the uniforms looked like. using this site i managed to get many facial expressions down in an animated form to help me get a feel for the guards character.i had one poser that reminded me very much of comic characters from the horible historys roman book but i wanted a character who was a bit more serious looking. I think despite how little of the roman guard i got down designing i think i nailed the kind of character i was going for a young bored guard, and i think i achieved that quite well.


The final character i designed was the lucius character who was a old grumpy one armed man, i decided that i wanted to go with the one armed aspect because i thought it would add a certain pirate captain feel to the character. Of a bit of an aggressive grumpy character which i think i achieved quite well, jotting down some facial expressions to get a feel for the character as i did before. I found this character quite easy to develop and found this character to be one of my favourite but this i think is due his grumpy looking nature.

No comments: