Friday 14 May 2010

Negotiated brief!!!

For my negotiated brief i decided i wanted to make a rig that could be used for a animated walk. I had previously made 3 simple rigs for my fish on the chew tv project in the first year and i had modelled and made a skeleton for a penguin in my spare time and also weight painted this. Other than this i hadn't really done any rigging. I decided in order to maximise time spent on the rig i would make the model very basic out of shapes and i would only bind the geometry to the skeleton just to show the movement of the rig. I got stuck straight into making the skeleton and this screenshot below is what it looked like in the first week i was working on it.


After making the skeleton the first aspect of rigging that i undertook on the man was the ik_joints in the legs, this was fairly straight forward but i had to make sure that i had attached everything in the right order, this was something that i soon had to make myself familier with throughout the rigging process. I then started to work on the basic foot setup and this is a short clip i keyframedof the first few steps of my character.


No comments: