Saturday 20 November 2010

Baps Development.

Last week I was working on the main body then I moved onto head, hands and feet constantly refering to reference of different body parts from different animals and ideas that I discussed with simon in relation to the ever changing nature of baps design. See below for Last 2 weeks progress.


The begining of this week I did baps face which is all nicely worked out now but may need some more work later when coming to rigging the face.


Towards the end of this week ive been trying to clean baps topology up. I thought I had done the shoulders and legs ok but after another test weighting him and moving the legs and arms iv found I need to re work the leg topology again as there is quite a bit of pinching.
So this work I did in the last 2 days will not be reflective of the photos, but I will show updates in the next week of my progress.


This is something im going to finalise early next week so I can move on to cleaning the mesh up removing any unnecessary edge loops and placing more in were movement is required. Yesterday I got the shoulders workin so first thing next week I will test them to make sure the new topology works then move swiftly onto the legs to finish the model up. In the last two weeks I found I have learnt a lot more about the flow of edges throughout the characters and how this helps define their movement. Also through the constant testing by weight painting ive managed tto learn more about what I need from my topology. And overall ive been been learning a lot more about modelling each and everyday and I hope to keep this up throughout the year. I will be posting more images of bap as he develops further but I will now wait till I have significant development, as there is lots of small chances going back and forth between simons vision of how he wants him to move and look.

No comments: