Saturday 9 October 2010

The final countdown...3rd year begins

When we got back this term, we had to pitch our intentions for the year and any ideas. With the same group prity much as the pitch in 2nd year, me, emma, simon, matt and tom and now roy i think our idea had changed from a game trailer for release the beast to a short animation of a hunter of rair animals and the antics that ensue when his apprentice tries to stop him. I intended to do as much modelling this year as possible on the project and some animation later on in the project. I will also be helping out with rigging and uv unwrapping and maybe texturing and anything else that needs doing.

Wellwellwell for the first week we all sat round and decided on a solid idea which Tom and Emma have refined through a Series of different scripts. Once they got the rough idea and storyline down the more 3D Orientated of use me and Matt.L set about doing some of the low polygon models for the key props. The first Bit of modelling I did this term was the hunters gun which over the last week ive refined and tried to keep the poly count low on. I will also put some more detail in later once we know how close up we are going to be and where the detail will be needed on the gun. Below is a few images of the low poly model. My main goal was to keep the poly count as low as possible and to try not to put detail in places where it wont be seen.

Perspective view

Orthographic view

Also today as we are a bit low on things to start modelling until we have the storyboard finalised tomorrow, Tom commisioned me to make a crate which I am immensly proud of so I thought id put it up here so that everyone can revel in my glory haha Its possibly the best crate......in the world. I think its for the super dart which im going to model tomorrow fingers crossed. Fun times will ensue as Matt.L put it, we pull verticies all day long. mmm verticies. But on a serious note I cant wait to get fully stuck into the modelling this term as there is going to be plenty to do, as it looks like im going to have to take on the rigging again but should be a interesting challenge.




No comments: